We welcome the general public to submit your articles and stories about agriculture for publication on the website.
There are currently no guidelines as to length or format, however your articles and stories should be informational or educational, well written, with careful attention to grammar, spelling & sentence flow.
Topics can include just about anything agriculture related, including but not limited to:
- Specific information about your particular crop or product, i.e. how it’s used in the marketplace, how its byproducts may be used, crop data, etc.
- GMO/Organic issues
- Water and/or drought related issues
- Health information, as it pertains to certain food products
- Corporate Ag concerns/issues
- Debunking ag myths.
We are particularly interested in:
- Your stories about your farm/ranch, what you do, how you do it, how it effects your life, how it’s beneficial to the public, etc.
The main goal is to educate the non-ag individual about what real farming is like, to inform them about ag issues they may not be aware of, to personalize the faces of farming and ranching, and to demonstrate the breadth of agriculture across the country and how it effects every single person living here.
We will consider any topic, so if you have an idea you’re not sure of, please email email@example.com for more information.
Additional things to note:
- Please be prepared to submit photos along with your article for added interest and the readability factor. No one wants to read just boring text. Make sure you have copyrights to the photos you submit. Please do not go on to the internet and download photos willy-nilly to submit with your article.
- Proofread your article carefully. When the article is posted, it will instantly be live on the website. You will be notified when it’s published, and we would love for you to share and help us spread the word.
- Please include a short author bio, describing who you, so as to give credibility to your article. People need to know that we have the credentials and/or experience to back up what we are saying.
- Please write a title for your article. Something catchy to compel readers to click on your article will improve your chances that your article will be clicked on and read.
- We also encourage the use of hashtags in your article, or a grouping of hashtags at the bottom, as those will help get your article found.
- We would prefer if you submit a snapshot of yourself to include in your author bio, or a snapshot of you and your family, if appropriate. The more personal we make this, the better.
- If you own a related website you would like to link to in your author bio, please include that as well.
- Articles should be original material, because of Google’s rules regarding duplicate content, we do not want to publish an article that has previously been published elsewhere on the internet. If your article is already published, but can me modified slightly to avoid duplication, we will consider publishing it.
- Articles should be submitted in a Word document, and attached to your email.
- Photos should be at 72 dpi, a minimum of 600px X 800 px please. I do not need 5GB photos straight out of your camera 🙂
- Please submit photos in JPG format only, and include as attachments in your email. Please do not embed photos in the body of your email or your Word document.
Please email your article and photos to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will be notified if your article is approved for submission and subsequently, when it is published. My Job Depends on Ag reserves the right to refuse your article for publication, or may edit your article if it deems necessary.
If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, please send an email to the same email address above.
We know you all have a lot to say and we look forward to reading and learning all about you and your life in ag.